Pixelate Your World Building: A Theme Listing for Pixel Art Environments in Games
10 Pixel Art Themes for Game Worlds
Pixel art is a popular style for video games, and for good reason. It’s visually appealing, easy to create, and can be used to create a variety of different worlds. Here are 10 pixel art themes for game worlds that you can use as inspiration for your next project:
- Fantasy: Pixel art is a great way to create fantastical worlds full of magic, dragons, and other creatures. Some popular fantasy pixel art games include Terraria, Stardew Valley, and The Legend of Zelda.
- Sci-fi: Pixel art can also be used to create futuristic worlds full of robots, spaceships, and aliens. Some popular sci-fi pixel art games include Hyper Light Drifter, FTL: Faster Than Light, and Spelunky.
- Historical: Pixel art can be used to create historical worlds from any time period. Some popular historical pixel art games include Celeste, Shovel Knight, and Kingdom Rush.
- Horror: Pixel art can be used to create dark and unsettling worlds that will keep you on the edge of your seat. Some popular horror pixel art games include Limbo, Inside, and Gris.
- Comedy: Pixel art can also be used to create light-hearted and humorous worlds that will make you laugh. Some popular comedy pixel art games include Pikuniku, The Binding of Isaac, and Enter the Gungeon.
- Adventure: Pixel art is a great way to create challenging and rewarding adventure games. Some popular adventure pixel art games include Donkey Kong Country, The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past, and Metroid.
- Platformer: Pixel art is a perfect fit for platformer games, as it can be used to create challenging and visually appealing levels. Some popular platformer pixel art games include Super Mario Bros., Sonic the Hedgehog, and Celeste.
- RPG: Pixel art is a great way to create immersive and engrossing role-playing games. Some popular RPG pixel art games include Final Fantasy, Chrono Trigger, and EarthBound.
- Puzzle: Pixel art can also be used to create challenging and rewarding puzzle games. Some popular puzzle pixel art games include The Witness, Portal, and Monument Valley.
How to Pixelate Your World Building
Pixel art is a relatively simple art style to learn, but there are a few things you can do to make your pixel art worlds look more professional.
English English Auto What you39ll learn Create your own topdown and platformer based Pixel Art Environments in just a few hours Develop the awesome skills to quickly create Pixel Art backgrounds and landscapes Craft Pixel Art objects and environmental assets for decoration Design unique 2D game backgroundsThe High Definition Render Pipeline HDRP is a Scriptable Render Pipeline that lets you create cuttingedge highfidelity graphics on highend platforms EULA for details Get the Pixelate package from Tom Black and speed up your game development process Find this amp other AddOns options on the Unity Asset StoreSale Publisher of the Week Quick Start Bundle New release discounts Sell Assets Over 11000 fivestar assets Rated by 85000 customers Supported by 100000 forum members Every asset
moderated by Unity Home 2D Environments This content is hosted by a third party provider that does not allow video views without acceptance of Targeting Default sale page template for content hubsInstall Goxel on Linux You can install Goxel as a Flatpak on Linux from Flathub For Android Windows macOS and iOS go to the Goxel website to download an installer Goxel is open source released under the GPLv3 license Painting with voxels When you first launch Goxel you get an empty quotroomquot or container in the middle of the Goxel windowMuch older than the other projects on this list Moshe Safdie39s experimental housing development stands out as an early and important example of the pixelated building style Completed for the Price 15 USD or free if selfcompiled Available on Windows OS X Linux
Aseprite is purposemade for pixel art It isnt free but 15 isnt a bad asking price if youre looking for a Recommended March 19 2022 Octopath Traveler is an RPG that features a graphical aesthetic known as quotHD2Dquot classic pixel art with adding in the depth of field and effects brings the game into the modern age 1999 Informational November 20 2021 399
- Use a grid. One of the best ways to create pixel art is to use a grid. This will help you keep your characters and objects aligned, and it will also make it easier to create smooth animations.
- Start with simple shapes. When you’re first starting out, it’s best to start with simple shapes. This will help you build a foundation for your pixel art, and it will also make it easier to create more complex images later on.
- Use a limited color palette. One of the defining features of pixel art is its use of a limited color palette. This helps to create a cohesive and visually appealing look.
- Focus on details. Even though pixel art is a low-resolution art style, it’s important to focus on details. This will help your characters and objects look more realistic and believable.
- Experiment with different styles. There are many different styles of pixel art, so don’t be afraid to experiment. Try different color palettes, different shapes, and different techniques. You’ll eventually find a style that you’re comfortable with and that you enjoy creating.
Resources for Pixel Art Environments
There are a number of resources available to help you create pixel art environments. Here are a few of the best:
- Pixel Art Tutorials This website offers a variety of tutorials on how to create pixel art, including tutorials on how to create characters, objects, and environments.
- Pixel Art Resources This website provides a large collection of pixel art resources, including sprites, textures, and backgrounds.
- Pixel Art Discord Server This Discord server is a great place to connect with other pixel artists and learn from each other.
- Pixel Art Books There are a number of books available on